Thursday, May 8, 2008

Updates

My hope is to add little bits of info once they've set in and/or become public. Here's a little accumulation of 3D Basecamp-related:

1. Over the past week, I've been in contact with the folks at Google regarding what the presentation will cover. I'll post the description I was asked to write up once it goes public on their website.

2. They asked me for a headshot and bio, both things I didn't have. Mr. Gillies helped me out and professionally shot some pictures of me one warm morning this week. Over the course of 24 hours, I also came up with a half-page bio. Not too bad... [I'll also put them up here once they show up on the Google 3d Basecamp website.

3. My dad and I've dealt with Google's travel agent people who are great. jetBlue. Extra legroom seats (only $20 each, but probably worth it)... We'll be flying out on Tuesday and coming back Saturday. That means one day of Digital Wave '08!

4. Oh, and apparently I've been bumped from a 20-minute section of a bigger presentation scheduled for Thursday to a solo presentation on Friday. Yikes.

This whole thing has begun to give me a little glimpse into Google life. I'll show it more later, but all the people at Google have extremely non-corporation-like email signatures. One guy's is a quote from Almost Famous, another woman has a quotation from Frida Kahlo. Once I'm out there, I'll experience it firsthand (and post the pictures here,) but it just goes to show how different life at Googleplex must be in comparison to so many other businesses.


More to come soon.


_andrew

No comments: