Thursday, June 12, 2008

A day of workshops

Today has been full of workshops, to put it simply. I started the morning with a session on Photo-realistic rendering of SketchUp models. This has been an area that I've always been interested in, but never really learned a lot about.

Second was an overview of Boston Architectural College, their curriculum, and their SketchUp integration provided by Diego.

Following another fantastic lunch (some of the best pizza I've ever had,) I took my (thus far) favorite session of the day: "Building a presentation from start to finish with LayOut." What is LayOut? SketchUp's little, ignored brother only available to Pro users. It's a program that integrates your SketchUp model in a presentation format.

Here is a screenshot from LayOut. About two years ago, I dedicated my entire spring break to precisely modeling the renovations of a friend's kitchen to provide visuals before the construction began. It's the most detailed model I've ever made, so it was the perfect model for me to experiment LayOut with.

I took a break during the session following and took another bike ride around. No crashes this time.

Right now, I'm waiting for "Cool SketchUp Stuff."

More to come. Pictures too.

_andrew

No comments: