Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It all comes full circle...

Our final project of the year in Ms. Kubisch's Spanish class was to create and illustrate a children's story. I made a short story about a 10-year old girl who goes with her mother and her pet dogs to the Zoo. The plot, simply, is that the girl and her mother go to the Zoo and lose one of her 6 dogs, then have to walk around and find him. Of course, I illustrated with SketchUp. This project was one of many examples that I used in discussions at 3D Basecamp about SketchUp's application in almost every school course.

On Monday, I was reading SketchUpdate, the SketchUp blog, and I came across this post explaining that the pre-made component people in SketchUp are actually based off of pre-acquisition employees. Here's Aidan, John, and Dusty, just to name a few.

Allyson was the person who brought me to Google in the first place, has been my contact in the months leading up to the trip, and was my "tour guide," if you will, while I was there. As it would turn out, Allyson and her daughter are the central character of my Spanish class story!

Here's the story (PDF), and a rough English translation (PDF), for anyone interested.

What a small world.

_andrew

No comments: