Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Addiction....to Google Calendar

Well I guess I have not posted here much. Since this is turning into a reminiscence/geeky blog, I will take this opprotunity to proclaim my love. For my calendar.

At RCDS, we had FirstClass, and with that, came FirstClass Calendar. I lived on that thing. I would get a reminder before events of importance, and I would say to people, "If I don't get this on my calendar right away, I'll forget to be there."

Since heading to college, I've picked up on Google Calendar and, basically, I can not live without it.
With Google Calendar you can have multiple, well... "calendars."
I've got like 15.

First off, I have my "College" calendar, which I set up in September. It has my class schedule, repeating on the appropriate days, until the end of the semester. I also have important, college-official events, like class registration there. All these things show up in Blue.

I've got my own personal calendar in green. I've got a calendar for events that I am employed to photograph at in purple. Zipcar reservations in red.

Here's where it gets fun.

1. I take a pill each morning. Sometimes, but rarely, I forget. I set up a new calendar called "Pill Reminders." Every morning--at a time programmed specifially for 20 minutes before my first class or committment of the day-- I get an email reminder saying, "Have you taken your pill?" With a little smile of technology, each morning, I've begun to nod and respond in my head, "Yes, yes I have." Best of all, this calendar is hidden. I don't see the orange "Pill" event every time I look at my calendar. I only know it's there when I get my morning reminder email.

2. Conn College is putting on Doubt this coming weekend. As part of my Technical Theater class, I had to put in 25 labor hours into the set/costumes/lighting of either this show, or the previous one, The Tempest. I would get an email from the Theater Department with a listing of "crew calls" for the week. At that point, I would put each of those calls into a new calendar called, you guessed it, "Doubt Crew Calls." Often times, this calendar overlapped with other events in my life. In order to try to plan out how I would accomplish my 25 hours of crew time, I created a new calendar: "Doubt Goals." If there was a place when I had a few hours and a crew call was going on, I would create an event in "Doubt Goals" called "Goal: 2.5." If I ended up going for those 2.5 hours, I would change the event to read "Completed: 2.5" then change the calendar from "Doubt Goals" to "Doubt Completed Crew Calls." This way, I could go back and double check how many hours I had completed and how many were left.

3. Finally, I get an email from Google which has everything on my agenda for that one day. With my personal calendar, my class schedule, a zip car reservation, an event to photograph, a Doubt crew call, and a Doubt Goal, those calendars can look pretty crazy.

But that's how I stay organized. And I couldn't live without it.

Thanks, Google Calendar.

_andrew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://nekibiwyri.the-best-free-web-hosting.com/atutyf.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money