Thursday, November 4, 2010

If Only They Built It... LIBRARY CAFE & SKYWALK

This is part of a series called If Only They Built It... My use of SketchUp began in 7th grade and that year, I made an elaborate model of my school, Rye Country Day School (I'm now an alum.) Between 7th and 9th grades, I copied my school model and made additions and changes I wished to see in real life, some with excruciating detail. 8 years later, it's time to revisit those ideas. Click images for larger views.

LIBRARY CAFE & SKYWALK

I've spent a good deal of time at Manhattanville College in my life because of the school's proximity to home and Rye Country Day. At Manhattanville, like many schools, they have a cafe in the library. Here at Connecticut College, ours is called the Blue Camel Cafe. So, in my imaginary SketchUp/Rye Country Day world, I thought it would be a nice touch to build a cafe into the Klingenstein Library, a building that is literally a bridge between the Middle and Upper School. I also proposed a sky-walk connecting the 5th/6th grade hallway to the library because, even though these two spaces are less than 50' apart, the walk could take a few minutes and a number of staircases. I guess I was just lazy.


View of the Skywalk connecting the Library to the 5th/6th grade area of the Middle School

The Library Cafe, seen in the location of the support room that houses the old yearbooks and the cable internet connection.





View If Only They Built It.... @RCDS in a larger map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

learned a lot