Wednesday, November 3, 2010

If Only They Built It... SPRING ARTS FESTIVAL BANNERS, MORE OFTEN

This is part of a series called If Only They Built It... My use of SketchUp began in 7th grade and that year, I made an elaborate model of my school, Rye Country Day School (I'm now an alum.) Between 7th and 9th grades, I copied my school model and made additions and changes I wished to see in real life, some with excruciating detail. 8 years later, it's time to revisit those ideas. Click images for larger views.

SPRING ARTS FESTIVAL BANNERS, MORE OFTEN

In 2003, for the now-annual Spring Arts Festival, Mr. Starr, an art teacher, installed a number of colorful banners hanging off the library. This simple installation really struck me and inspired a number of my future designs and decorations. He simply used rolls of plastic table cloths. I found in my SketchUp model that I had mimicked his work in SketchUp and I wanted to share that briefly here. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of the original. I'll keep an eye out for it, though.




Colored, flowing fabrics applied at the Youth Group Carnival I began
And used as ceiling decor at the Purim Carnival...




View If Only They Built It.... @RCDS in a larger map

1 comment:

Shahbaz said...

Wow!
First, Faux wood banner can be used to market events at non-profit businesses such as church buildings, temples, mosques, along with other establishments of religious practices.
I like this post great work indeed well don keep posting.
vinyl banners